First Home Owner Grant
First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) was introduced in July 2000, since then it has been through a number of changes, and as of October 2015 excluding individuals buying established homes. Let’s look at the eligibility state-by-state and how a broker can help streamline your application process.
As a first home buyer, there are numerous processes and important decisions that you need to make, FHOG being one of the processes, which is why it is worth seeking the services of an accredited broker.
The eligibility criteria remain the same throughout all states and territories. The exceptions being things such as the value of the grant, its threshold, and the amount of time a buyer is expected to live in the property as a primary place of residence. The following are standard requirements.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Over eighteen years of age when making the application
- Not awarded the grant by another state or territory
- Purchase the home as a natural person (not a company or trust)
- Never held a relevant interest in any residential property in Australia prior to 1 July 2000
Call me to see if you are eligibility.